Bookkeeping is tailored to your requirements.Bookkeeping includes reports listing all purchase and sales invoices. We can give you reports showing who owes you money, and who you need to pay. Your bank account will be reconciled. Other accounts will be reconciled as appropriate.
Bookkeeping can be done using your paper invoices, bank statements and receipts. We are just as happy to work with electronic documents. Our systems allow for file sharing.
If you like to keep tabs on what’s going on in your business, why not consider online bookkeeping? See how we can help you keep control with QuickBooks Online.
VAT is an indirect tax, which seems to get more and more complicated. Our knowledge and experience is available to you, and can include the following:
- VAT registration and de-registration. It is important to get the dates right. In some cases you can reclaim VAT on purchases made prior to registration. Sometimes it is advantageous to register for VAT voluntarily.
- VAT returns prepared and filed. We ensure that you have full schedules to support your returns.
- Assistance with repayment claims. Sometimes HMRC ask for copies of your schedules and/or invoices, or have other queries. Where possible we can deal with this for you.
- Reconciliation of VAT returns and accounting records. If we carry out your bookkeeping, or you provide full records, we will check that the figures match.
- Assistance with record keeping for VAT purposes. We can help with the format and content of sales invoices. We will advise on the documentation to keep when you export goods. Every time you buy or sell there could be VAT implications. We help you get it right.
- Assistance with VAT visits and inspections. When HMRC want to check your records, we can handle it for you. Some things can be resolved with a phone call.
We also help with additional VAT related administration. Intrastat returns may be needed if you buy or sell with EU companies. EC sales lists may be needed.
Please contact us if you would like assistance.