Personal tax and self-assessment.

Company directors, individuals, sole traders, partners, landlords and self-employed people may all need to file tax returns. What we do for you includes:

  • Calculation of tax and national insurance liability,
  • Preparation of tax returns,
  • Returns submitted online,
  • Advice on when to pay tax,
  • Requesting repayments when appropriate,
  • Dealing with queries on your behalf.

Some directors do not need to file a tax return. Anyone owning and letting out property should file a personal tax return, but there are exceptions. If you do not need to file, we will advise accordingly.

Company tax returns

Our service for limited companies includes:

  • Calculation of tax liability from year-end accounts,
  • Completion of company tax returns,
  • Advice on when to pay tax and how to pay it,
  • Online submission of tax returns, with appropriate files attached,
  • We can also deal with queries on your behalf.
R&D Tax Credit and R&D Tax Relief

R&D tax credit is a payable amount available to some limited companies.  To be eligible for tax relief companies must be developing new technology or making a scientific advance.  If your project seeks to create new technology or scientific knowledge that is not available from an expert or other organisation, you should be claiming R&D tax relief.  If your company meets certain criteria, the relief may be converted to a payable R&D tax credit. The research and development must be related to your company’s trade, or planned trade.  Some grants can preclude claiming a tax credit, but relief may still be available. R&D tax relief is claimed on your company tax return, or an amended return. We prepare a claim with your tax return, and include all of the information HMRC requires.

Please get in touch if you would like to know if your project could be eligible.

Payroll Service

We work with a specialist payroll bureau for payroll services including workplace pensions (auto-enrolment).

Payroll Service essentials
  • Wages and salaries, whether paid weekly, monthly or annually,
  • Calculation of holiday pay, SSP. maternity pay etc.,
  • New starters, we help you to obtain and file the right information,
  • Leavers, help with final payments, and we prepare and file the P45,
  • Year-end procedures carried out, including P60s for staff and filing the employer’s annual return with HM Revenue and Customs,
  • P11d return of expenses and benefits prepared, with Class 1A NIC calculations,
  • Online filing,
  • Workplace pensions and auto-enrolment,
  • Assistance with payroll issues.

For more information on how our payroll service can benefit you please contact us.